Microsoft Outlook is one of the best email client application or personal information manager used globally by business as well personal users. But some time Outlook user needs to merge duplicate contacts in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. Microsoft does not provides any utility to merge contacts in Outlook. That is the only reason due to which we will discuss smart techniques to merge contacts folder in Outlook. The blog also discuss the PST to merge contacts in Outlook.
What are Reasons For Duplicate Contacts in Microsoft Outlook?
There are multiple reasons due to which several copies of contacts created in Microsoft Outlook.
1. The Duplicate contacts created when you sync your phone with Exchange server active sync.
2. The duplicate contacts occurs when you drag and drop message to contacts folder directly.
3. The person sends mail from a different account
4. When you same account to create login in multiple social media sites due to which multiple contacts are saved in Outlook address book
Techniques to Merge Duplicate contacts in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
Microsoft Outlook uses multiple email filtering techniques to prevent the creation of duplicate contacts. But the problem still exists. We are moving ahead to merge duplicate contact folders in Outlook. It is suggested to take the back of data while implementing any techniques mentioned here.
Method 1: Merge Contacts Folder in Outlook 2016 & Below Versions
1. Go to Outlook contacts and right click on the already existed folder and then select the option of New Folder from the menu.
2. Please provide the name to newly created folder.
3. Go to the old contact and select all by pressing Ctrl+A and then right click, choose the option to move.
4. Export the selected contacts in the CSV file using Import/Export wizard
5. Now the process changes according to version of Outlook.
6. For Outlook 2010, 2013, and Outlook 2016. Go to File and then Open >> Import to merge address books in Outlook.
7. For Outlook 2007 and below versions. Go to file tab >> Import/Export wizard.
8. Choose option to export to a file
9. Select option of CSV (Windows)
10. Choose the folder which you created earlier
11. Browse the location to save the Contacts in the CSV file format.
12. Click on Finish to stop the process
13. Now, you have to import this CSV file contacts into newly created folder.
14. Please open Import/Export wizard and choose import from another program or file
15. Select CSV file to merge contacts folder in Outlook 2016.
16. Create new folder and choose it as the destination folder. Then contacts will stored in folder
17. Click on Finish the complete the procedure
Merge Duplicate Contacts in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 With Existed Ones
In this we will going to merge contacts in the main folders and the contacts in the newly created folder to prevent loss of any information.
1. Open the folder which contains the contacts and copy and paste them into main contacts folder.
2. A message pop-up when the duplicate contact is identified during the process.
3. Please update the information and select to merge contacts folder in Outlook 2016.
Solution 2: Merge Duplicate Address Book in Outlook With Help of Gmail
The duplicate contacts in Outlook with the help of Gmail account. You just need to export contacts in CSV file format. Then use option to find and merge duplicates.
1. Export Outlook contacts in CSV file format.
2. Login to Gmail account and go to contacts and choose option of import contacts.
3. Click on choose file option and the browse CSV file from local storage
4. The Gmail automatically creates new contact groups for an individual file.
5. When this process completes then please select option to find & merge duplicates
6. Then a comprehensive list of duplicate contacts will be opened up. Click on OK to merge duplicate contacts
7. After then, click on More followed by Export to migrate the contacts back to Microsoft Outlook
8. Choose CSV file format when ask to do so and then click on Export
9. In this way, you can easily merge duplicate contacts folders in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and so on.
Professional Solution to Merge Duplicate Contacts in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
The manual solution is best itself. So there is no need of third-party software. But there are certain restrictions are associated. It is better to go with the professional solution. One of the major software in this arena is SysTools PST Merge Software. It provides 3 different ways to merge duplicate contacts in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. Download now for free.
The Last Words
To prevent data loss, it is better to merge duplicate the data. The efficiency of any application downfalls. The same is happens with Microsoft Outlook too. The blogs discuss different approaches to merge duplicate contacts in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007. It also suggest the professional solution to merge address books in Outlook. So its depends on you which method is suitable to you. But technically both methods are perfect and delivers 100% result.